Understanding the fundamentals of User Experience is a critical first step, regardless of your background or objective. The UX-PM Certification is an international User Experience (UX) training program certified by UXalliance, for digital product, marketing and project managers.
There are 3 levels:
- Adopting UX
- Executing UX
- and Leading UX.
Each level builds to expand knowledge of UX and how to integrate and manage it to achieve an awesome user experience in your projects. Each level is offered as a 2-day course, is certified by the UXalliance and is internationally recognized.
- How to ensure UX is considered in a project?
- How to include UX tools?
- How to cultivate a user centered design culture?
Objectives of level 1: Adopting UX
- Understand UX concepts, methods, misconceptions and challenges.
- Understand the benefits of a UX approach.
- Be familiar with UX tools and methods.
- Learn methods to integrate user experience into your digital Agile and waterfall projects.
- Become a UX ambassador in your organization.
Who is this certification for?
UX-PM level 1, is for digital product, marketing, and project managers, who want to understand the fundamentals of UX, adopt UX methodologies in Agile and waterfall projects and encourage a user-centered design culture in their organisations. No prerequisite apart from a curiosity for the subject.
Starting with a clear breakdown of what user experience is and is not, this course aims to fully demystify UX.
Topics covered include:
- Principles and benefits of integrating UX activities into product development.
- Cost of UX.
- Common challenges of integrating UX activities into a development process.
- UX in an Agile process.
- Difference between usability and user experience and how they are related.
- UX as a service ecosystem and across multiple channels.
- Perspectives on some cognitive mechanisms related to decision making, UX as an emotional response that influences users’ behaviour.
- Exploration of key activities for developing a strategy and a vision based on collaboration and empathy.
- Overview of methods involving users and what kind of valuable insights can be collected.
- Integration and roll out of key UX design at all phases of the development cycle (from UX strategy to interaction design).
- UX as a communication tool.
- How to promote the value UX within an organization.
- Immersion and practical application: review of various case studies, discussion and role-playing to sharpen your UX and usability skills. Combination of theory and problem-solving exercises.
2 days, 9:00-16:30 full-day sessions with a one-hour lunch break.
The certification exam takes place at the end of the second day of training. The exam is comprised of a multiple choice test, followed by a one-on-one interview with the instructor.
Annemarie Lesage leads Yu Centrik’s team of user researchers, UX strategists and UX designers, while integrating collaborative design to ideation and innovation process.
She holds a PhD from the School of Industrial Design in Montreal, and has focused her research on the emotional dimensions of the user experience.
Annemarie joined Sapient’s user experience modelling group – XMod in 2000 in New York. Since 2003, she has taught various classes at Laval U. (co-teaching design research in 2005), Concordia, UQAM and the University of Montreal (experience design, since 2010). She is an extraordinary teacher, fully bilingual and very much connected to the business world.
Upcoming dates: UX-PM Level 1
OTTAWA | TORONTO
February 10-11 2016 February 15-16 2016
March 23-24 2016 March 7-8 2016
May 25-26 2016 May 9-10 2016
June 20-21 2016
Regular Fee for level 1: $2090.50 CDN (taxes included)
Register before January 31, 2016 and save $200 (discount code: UXPM2016)
Not ready to be part of the training yet?
Subscribe to our training newsletter and stay updated with our certification opportunities and webinars.
Have questions about UX-PM Certification – Level 1 – Adopting UX?
Contact Joelle Stemp at Yu Centrik: firstname.lastname@example.org