Are you keen to innovate and teach your team to think out of the box? Innovation by design lets you try you hand at applying Design Thinking to a project, a human-focused, prototype-driven process for innovation. This workshop will give you practical and progressive solutions (through divergent / convergent thinking) to face your design challenges.
Breaking the Barriers to Innovation
Innovate through Design
one day workshop
- Create innovative solutions that better meet your customers needs and bring a competitive advantage
- Develop a culture of innovation in your team that breaks the silos and embraces empathy and co-creation
- Reduce risks in projects using a collaborative and iterative approach
- Acquire the fundamental concepts of Design Thinking
- Learn practical design thinking methods to break patterns and develop out-of-the-box thinking
- Become familiar with the design process phases
The course will start with an introduction to the fundamental concepts of Design Thinking and problem-solving. Other topics covered include:
- Developing an empathic approach and a culture based on collaboration and innovation
- Techniques to brainstorm ideas
- A case study workshop, sketching, and prototyping
Regular fee : $840
Preferential fee : $670 ? The preferential fee is applied when registering with 3 or more participants
Montreal May 15, Nov. 2, 2017
Ottawa Jun. 15, Sep. 14, Nov. 9 2017
This course is well-suited for UX designers, service designers, industrial designers, web designers, interface designers, front-end developers, IT professionals, marketing professionals, and business leaders who want to improve their innovation and problem-solving skills.
Annemarie Lesage leads Yu Centrik’s team of user researchers, UX strategists and UX designers, while also integrating collaborative design into the ideation and innovation processes. She holds a PhD in Industrial Design (Université de Montréal), and has focused her research on the emotional dimensions of user experiences.
Annemarie joined Sapient’s user experience modelling group – XMod in 2000, in New York. Since 2003, she has taught various courses at Université Laval (co-teaching design research in 2005), Concordia, UQAM and Université de Montréal (experience design, since 2010).
She is an extraordinary teacher, fully bilingual and very much connected to the business world.
Fees and Duration
2 half-days (from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm)
Regular Fee $840 + taxes
Group Discount (3+) $670 + taxes