Are you keen to innovate and teach your team to think out of the box? Innovation by design lets you try you hand at applying Design Thinking to a project, a human-focused, prototype-driven process for innovation. This workshop will give you practical and progressive solutions (through divergent / convergent thinking) to face your design challenges.
Breaking the Barriers to Innovation
Innovate through Design
one day workshop
- Create innovative solutions that better meet your customers needs and bring a competitive advantage
- Develop a culture of innovation in your team that breaks the silos and embraces empathy and co-creation
- Reduce risks in projects using a collaborative and iterative approach
- Acquire the fundamental concepts of Design Thinking
- Learn practical design thinking methods to break patterns and develop out-of-the-box thinking
- Become familiar with the design process phases
The course will start with an introduction to the fundamental concepts of Design Thinking and problem-solving. Other topics covered include:
- Developing an empathic approach and a culture based on collaboration and innovation
- Techniques to brainstorm ideas
- A case study workshop, sketching, and prototyping
Regular fee : $840
Preferential fee : $670 ? The preferential fee is applied when registering with 3 or more participants
Private groups only, 6 and more
Please contact us 514 605-9823 firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is well-suited for UX designers, service designers, industrial designers, web designers, interface designers, front-end developers, IT professionals, marketing professionals, and business leaders who want to improve their innovation and problem-solving skills.
Joelle Stemp founded the UX agency Yu Centrik in 2003. With great perseverance and adaptability, Yu Centrik was steered through many technological and societal changes to reach 2017 with great relevance. Joelle is a pioneer in the adoption of user experience and service design in Quebec. With a background in communications and a talent for design, Joelle began her career as a designer specialized in user interfaces and has spent the last 25 years involved in projects related to user experience and convergent medias (Web, digital TV, mobile, IVR, OOH).
Joelle designed the first Campus Wide Information System (CWIS) on the Internet for the University of Montreal in 1990 and was part of a user interface group at CRIM (Montreal Computing Research Center). Being as one of the first Certified HFI’s Usability Analyst, she continues to learn about human behaviour and is still as passionate as ever to design engaging products and services that customers will love using. Joelle is very involved in teaching the UX-PM Certification program developed in collaboration with her partners at UXalliance, a global network of User Experience Experts.
Fees and Duration
1 day (from 9:00 am to 16:30 pm)
Regular Fee $840 + taxes
Group Discount (3+) $670 + taxes