Interaction Designer II
An firm located in the Boston area is looking for a Interaction Designer (intermediate) to be part of a team to design complex applications.
- The candidate will be responsible for the overall usability and quality of one or more products/features.
- She/he will be part of a highly talented creative team working on different products/features within the products suite.
- As part of this role, she/he will be expected to understand, learn and own the organization design process; work closely with senior designers to produce design specifications and document user flows; participate in brainstorm sessions and design reviews; design, validate, iterate until needs are met and eventually document the design specifications; come up with creative concepts that solve complex business problems; bring a “fresh eye” to the products designs and advocate for the new design trends.
- Translate strategy, business requirements and usability best practices into high-quality, customer-centric designs that support and reinforce the organization’s product vision, brand, and business objectives.
- Balance user experience, business needs, technical feasibility and time-to-market to determine best product designs.
- Create low and high fidelity wireframes and mockups Champion customer-centric, responsive/adaptive design methodologies Architect.
- Design and support new interfaces/experiences.
- Test concepts, perform task and user analysis, and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Develop prototypes that succinctly illustrate hierarchy and navigation.
Skills / Requirements
- Understanding of interaction design techniques to create engaging user experiences.
- Excellent knowledge of modern UI technologies.
- Strong communication skills with business owners as well as developers; must have the ability to articulate design rationale.
- Stays current on and strategically applies the latest industry and design trends and state-of-the-art techniques.
- Knowledge of commonly used interaction design patterns and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, multitasking and presentation skills.
- Ability to solve problems and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, and follow brand guidelines and take design direction with positive attitude.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree in Human Factors, Engineering, Design or equivalent discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
- English speaking is a requirement.
What’s Next? If you are interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment, please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!